Faith and protection with an unbeatable view.
The Mariahilf chapel in Andermatt is a symbol of faith in God’s powerful protection.
The Mariahilf chapel was built in 1735/1736 for protection against avalanches. The chapel stands on a hill a few steps above the village of Andermatt. The building is a work by local architect Bartholomäus Schmid.
A tip: The view from the Mariahilf chapel across Andermatt is fantastic and the chapel can be reached in a few minutes’ walk from the village.