Alp Hinterfeld is an alpine collective. Currently, 15 farmers hold the right to drive their cattle.
Approximately 100 cows and 50 heifers graze on the summer pastures between June and September.
- Large Alp cheese, approx. 6 kg
- Mutschli Nature, cream, chives, ca. 1 kg
- Yoghurt, various flavours
- Whey cheese
The products are available:
- directly from the Alp Hinterfeld cheese dairy in the Meien Valley
- from members of the collective
- Wassen village store
- Seedorf Alpine cheese market
The special thing about this Alpine cheese is that the entire full-cream milk is processed, that is to say, the milk is not skimmed. This results in a cheese with a creamy flavour. Leftover cheese is shared among all members of the collective at the end of the summer.
Traditionally, Alpine farmers walk to Wassen with splendidly decorated cows at the end of the summer. The Alp descent with village fair takes place in around mid-September.